Denkmeier IVB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidNealMinnick

DavidNealMinnick

Ranger 4

• ****-

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

If I haven't missed a posting on this, has anyone here tried one, yet?

denk page

#2 Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ann Arbor, MI

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

I have the whole Binotron 27 super system for SCT on order, should probably be receiving it sometime next week. It includes the IVB

#3 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

I got one at NEAF ,make shure it threads on all the way I had to have my machinist friend rethread mine as the thread pitch was wrong.
Pete

#4 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I have not tried one, but 38mm of light path reduction is a powerful incentive for people that use binoviewers on SCTs.

Also, on a recent thread, someone had bought a Baader Clicklock and was impressed with it, but several of us mentioned that when using binoviewers with heavy eyepieces, we did not get great results.

This looks like a great way to improve on both attributes (the Baader SCT Clicklock adatper actually has about 40mm of light path length).

In an SCT, 38mm of back focus reduction will reduce the focal lenght by 100mm or so, and if the system was working at a reduced aperture, will restores about .2" to the system.

For a given pair of eyepieces, you get a bigger field and a brigter view, and less apeture reduction in most SCTs if the back focus was more than about 200mm

I am very pleased the Denkmeier is offering this option. I am hoping that they will soon start offering a Baader Quicklock compatible dovetail for people that want to do 1.25 diagonals.

There are a lot of compromiss when using Binoviewers, and many of them are direct consequences of light path length.

Looking forward to first reports.

#5 Jeff B

Jeff B

Surveyor 1

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

I got one at NEAF ,make shure it threads on all the way I had to have my machinist friend rethread mine as the thread pitch was wrong.
Pete

Yeah, I just noticed mine does not thread on all the way either. I was an early adopter too. Will talk to Russ about it.

But I love the rest of the system and that light path reduction is most appreciated along with the considerably lighter weight of the system.

Jeff

#6 bcuddihee

bcuddihee

Vanguard

• Loc: Cincinnati Ohio

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

I ordered their special dove tail connector (second item down in the price menu). This enables one to connect their denk bino directly to the denk 2"diagonal body without the need for the typical 2" slip in connector and 2" bino nose-piece. This combo should reduce the by approx 30mm. Quite an improvement for those wishing to keep the fl of the system as short as possible.

#7 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Jeff if You ck the thread pitch on the adapter is 24 tpi and it should be 32 tpi,I wanted it all the way on as not to screw up the threads on the scope this way the locking screws tighten on the flats on the VB. luckily my friend fixed it.
HTH Pete

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics