• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

ELEVEN Grandchildren; FIVE Ducklings

• Loc: Carlisle, Cumbria, ENGLAND

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yes Francois, a miracle did take place... :like:

Tell, I still have the sense of humor, AND THE LIP IS VERY STIFF after all the chewing it has taken... ;)

Peter, what can I say other than to thank my lucky stars the skin was from the FOREARM... :lol:

Attached Files

#27 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Well just to keep you all in the loop... I have spent further time in Hospital after getting an infection in the bone graft... I am now on two types of antibiotics for a period of six weeks, after which time there will be further surgery to get the new thumb working... I am told another two operations will be needed over the course of two/three months before the hand/thumb can be used to its' full potential, I am now visiting Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary twice a week for dressings, and swabs to keep an eye on the infection... I will keep you updated on the outcome... :bow:

Attached Files

#28 coutleef

coutleef

Soyuz

• Loc: Saint-Donat, Quebec, Canada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

hang in there and good recovery

#29 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the update, Geoff! I was using my table saw this weekend and thinking of you! :bigshock: You have definitely made me more careful!

Hope you have a full recovery! :waytogo:

-Dan

#30 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: 16 miles south of the Buckfield Mall

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Geoff, I wish you a speedy recovery, Infections are serious I'm glad the professionals caught it. Now, take your medicine or no ice cream! :grin:
Get Well
Grey

#31 CelestronDaddy

CelestronDaddy

Viking 1

• Loc: Central Texas

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Geoff, Glad you are making progress and hope you gain full function after the further surgeries :waytogo:

#32 Tel

Tel

Cosmos

• Loc: Wallingford England

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

All best wishes, Geoff. :bow::bow:

You sure have been through the wars, poor fellah !

It sounds however, as if you're in capable hands and that ultimately, you'll have the use of that thumb back once more. (Use it carefully) ! :lol:

Continuing to think of you. Let's see you up and running as soon as possible and hopefully, even meet up with you again and the rest of the lads at the next IAS !

Tel

#33 Peter9

Peter9

Aurora

• Loc: Yorkshire - Born & Bred

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

Hang on in there Geoff. Hope everything starts moving in the right direction for you. If anyone deserves it to, you do.

Many thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Take care. Peter

#34 Skip

Skip

Starlifter Driver

• Loc: Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Geoff oh Geoff, Good grief. Your back gets better and you lose a thumb. Man, please stay on that infection. We want to see back with an opposable thumb. Here's hoping and praying that you mend and everything gets back to normal. All the best and get well!

#35 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Hi guys it's me again... After 8 month things are still no better, I am due for further operations starting on the 15 of this month, not sure what they intend to do this time but a good starting point would be to remove what is there and start again... Once again I will keep you informed as to what is happening :bow:... In the mean time, if you know of anyone wanting to buy a Nexstar 8se put them in touch :grin:

#36 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

Wow. Really sorry to hear about your lack of progress, and sorry to hear about you selling the 8SE. Scary to think how such a quick slip can change your life! Do keep us informed. Still hoping and praying for a good outcome!

-Dan

#37 Tel

Tel

Cosmos

• Loc: Wallingford England

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hi Geoff,

In true British spirit and humour, I take that I, (and the rest of the lads), won't be seeing you at the IAS in Leamington this year ! :4

But seriously, my good friend, I do feel for you. You've been through Hell and high water over the past years since we met at the London Astrofest and you deserve much better than this !

Nevertheless, you are a guy, whom I know possesses the courage to withstand all this. I'm only sad that it seems you must give up your hobby. Let's hope though, that it's only temporarily.

Do please keep us in touch with your progress, but next time, Geoff,..... yes, you,..... don't leave it so long ! :4

All my best wishes for the best of speedy recoveries, and also to Jen, whom I'm sure stands by you relentlessly in all this.

Tel and Hilde. (Us "Southerners") !

#38 Peter9

Peter9

Aurora

• Loc: Yorkshire - Born & Bred

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the update Geoff. Sorry to hear things are not going too well.

You just hang on in there you hear, we'll all be routing for you. :praying: :applause: :fingerscrossed:

I hope that smiley means your only joking about selling the 8se. :thinking: hope that is the case. :waytogo:

Keep in touch.

Regards. Peter.

#39 joeman

joeman

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Geoff....I just sent you a private message regarding your telescope. If you do not see it there, please let me know asap. I am quite interested.

#40 CelestronDaddy

CelestronDaddy

Viking 1

• Loc: Central Texas

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Geoff, hang in there friend. Sounds like you have had a really tough time. I can't imagine the pain and anguish this is. I will keep you in my prayers for relief and healing.

#41 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear this news, Sir.

Keep your chin up....a lot of folks here are pulling for you.

Jim

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics