July 13 Intermediate DSO Challenge Submissions
Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:23 AM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:24 PM
Scope: WO ZS 66SD semi-APO refractor
Camera: Canon Rebel XT (350D) uncooled, unmodified no filters
Mount: Celestron CG-5 AGT unguided
Capture program: BackyardEOS
Image Processing: DSS for registering and stacking only, Photoshop CS6 + Carboni's actions for processing.
link to full size image
Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:28 AM
Imaging scope: AT8IN
Imaging camera: Gary Honis modified Canon T3
Guiding: PHD with Orion ST80 and SSAG
Mount: CGEM DX
Stacked with DSS and processed with Photoshop CS3 and StarTools
Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:27 PM
M8 - The Lagoon Nebula,
40x240sec. subs + darks and 7x60sec. subs.
Modified Canon 1100D(T3).
Skywatcher 120ED Pro Refractor.
SW EQ6 Mount guided with Celestron Nexguide autoguider.
Location: Mountain Sanctuary Park, South-Africa.
Larger version: http://astrob.in/48954/
Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:50 AM
Date: 2013 07 07
Location: Gainesville, FL (backyard suburban orange zone)
Imaging telescope: Astro-Tech AT8IN
Camera: QHY8 OSC
Guiding: Orion Mag-Mini, Orion SSAG, PHD
Frames: 13X300s lights, 9X300s darks, 104 bias, 19 flat lights, 19 flat darks
Filters, correctors: Baader MPCC-III, Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter
Software: Nebulosity 3 (capture, stacking); StarTools; PS CS6
Greatly resampled to fit the upload constraints, full resolution tiff available here
Thanks for looking, and clear skies!
Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:08 PM
Imaging scope - Orion 8" Astrograph Newtonian.
Imaging camera - Canon XSi Modified
Mount - CGEM (self hypertuned)
Guiding - ST80 and SSAG
Capture - BYEOS
Stacked in DSS, processed in PS-CS3
Image consists of 40 frames of 180s for total of 2hrs.
Darks, flats and Bias subtracted.
Higher resolution here.
Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:47 PM
You can see a larger version here: M8 The Lagoon Nebula
Thanks for looking!
Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:53 PM
This image was taken on the nights of July 4 and July 5, 2013 near Thornton, WA (Bortle Scale: 2)
Images were calibrated with 25 Darks, 10 Flats, and 20 Bias frames.
H-Alpha: 9 x 900 seconds
R: 3 x 300 seconds
G: 7 x 300 seconds
B: 11 x 300 seconds
Imaging telescope: Astro-Tech AT65EDQ
Imaging camera: SBIG STF-8300M
Mount: Orion Atlas EQ-G
Guiding camera: SBIG ST-i Mono with an OAG-8300
Filters: Astrodon H-alpha 5nm, Astrodon Tru-Balance E-Series RGB
Software: All stacking, calibration, and processing was done in Pixinsight. PHD was used for guiding. CCDSoft was used for acquisition.
Thanks for looking!
Full image located at astrobin
Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:07 PM
Almost 3 hours of integration time
July 10 2013 35 x 130 sec frames
July 29 2013 48 x 130 sec frames
Darks + Flats + Dark Flats
Camera: Canon T3i
Scope: AstroTech 6" Imaging Newtonian
Mount: Celestron AVX
Filters: Baader Sky Glow
Correctors: Baader MPCC III
Guiding: Orion 50mm Mini/QHY5L-II/PHD
Capture Software: Backyard EOS
Processing Software: Deep Sky Stacker/StarTools
Location: My Backyard
Full Size Image Here
Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:13 PM