C8 Edge on Losmandy G11

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin B

Benjamin B

Apollo

• Loc: Sweden

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

I think I have made up my mind now. After reading all your good advices, I will buy a C8 Edge. If I want larger telescope, I will buy that later.
I do want to mount the scope on my Losmandy G11, but never seen with that combo. Anyone have this, and would like to tell/show with a image on this setup? I also want to put my TMB on top or on the side with C8, not sure which way is the best, and to see how large this scope is on top of the mount, will make the decision easier.

#2 Ed Wiley

Ed Wiley

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Kansas, USA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have a C11 Edge on a G-11. A C8 would be "no sweat." Do put your TMB on top of the C8, not on the side or you will run into balance problems. In fact, I put my finder on top to simplify balancing. Anything hung off the side causes problems unless you mount on rings and can hang stuff off the other side to balance when pointed at the zenith.

Ed

#3 Benjamin B

Benjamin B

Apollo

• Loc: Sweden

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

OK, that sounds great to hear! May I ask if you have a picture of your setup? :)

#4 Ed Wiley

Ed Wiley

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Kansas, USA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sorry, no pictures, but it looks rather similar to that posed on the thread "Mount point of EdgeHD 11" except its a Losmandy mount. But proportions are similar.

Ed

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics