• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jawaid I. Abbasi

Jawaid I. Abbasi

Vanguard

• Loc: LEVITTOWN, PA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Hi,
I just order a TS binoviewer from Markus (APM) and I am wondering that if it is better then others in the same price range. How does it using with a 12 inches DOB. Any suggestion or thoughts will be helpful.

Thank you,

#2 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

How do you plan to adjust for the 100 - 110mm back focus? Barlow? Why didn't you order the slightly more expensive Baader Maxbright, which has a manyfold greater choice of available accesories, including a coma-corrected glaspath corrector for newtonians?

Just wondering. I am quite sure the TS has excellent optics. In that regard, it's basically the same unit as the Maxbright.

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#3 Jawaid I. Abbasi

Jawaid I. Abbasi

Vanguard

• Loc: LEVITTOWN, PA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Someone advice me about the TS binoviewer and it also can get a face lift (25mm CA) and click lock by Siebert optics in the future by Herry who said that the total cost could be around $300.

The second reason I ordered because it comes with glass path as well as two pair of eyepieces under $250.00

I can sell the eyepieces right away and save more money this way.

I think; it will b very exciting to use the binoviewer in the 12" Dob.

#4 avenger

avenger

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

You will have a lot of enjoyment using that binoviewer. In your 12" Dob the planets and the moon should look very nice. I see you have stated maybe a Siebert Supercharge that would open the CA to 25mm. I have used a Siebert 25mmCA in a 16" Parks, and the views were very nice and sharp with very nice contrast.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics