First try

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 csrlice12

csrlice12

Voyager 1

• Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

M8 (Lagoon Nebula) is also very pretty, one of the skies brightest and best but you will need dark skies to see it well, with an OIII filter....WOW.

#27 Frost55

Frost55

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

AstroTatDad ,,No I didn't have much time as I work midnights,,only got from 9:30 to 10 during the week,,lol Wheres a good place to order a Zhumell or GSo 2" 2x barlow and ES 100deg 9mm in Canada?

#28 astrophile

astrophile

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Chaise-lounge, 18x50s in hand...

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Frost,
1) I'm not Canadian, sorry. But...
2) There are a couple of significant astro brands/manufacturers in Canada I know of--Antares and Kendrick Instruments--but I've not heard of any major Canadian astronomy mail/internet-order places. A couple suggestions:
- Search on 'canada' in this or other CN forums to find some of the Canadian CN'ers, and send a PM to one or more asking where/how they order their stuff.
- Antares has a list of retailers on its website, you might find someone near you there. Or, RASC (Royal Astronomy Society of Canada) has a web page listing Canadian astro stores.
- As for US order sites there are numerous. I have personally dealt successfully with Agena Astro in California, and I know they carry GSO and ES stuff. Hands On Optics on the other coast carries ES and some other peoples' barlows, I know from experience they're very good also.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

#29 Billytk

Billytk

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Geneva, Fl.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

So, how did Saturn look through the 6mm eyepiece???

#30 Frost55

Frost55

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

It looked really good and clear. You could could see good space between the rings.I could see 2 moons,and there was no colour.I got pretty good at getting it with the red dot.But the rest of the sky all I see is stars.Maybe it has to get darker as I have to leave at 10 and it just starts to get dark at 9:30 and of course the night I have off it's 90% cloudy :)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics