Kopernik Observatory sports a 20” Ritchey-Chretien OGS Telescope, Celestron C-14 SCT, and a 6” Astrophysics F/12 refractor that will be open for use in observing under clear skies. During clear daytime skies, the legendary Barlow Bob will host the Kopernik AstroFest Solar Star Party (KASSP).
If you are an amateur astronomer located in the Northeastern US, we would love to host you at Kopernik AstroFest 2013.
This year's guest speakers will be:
- Dr. Stefanie Milam – NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Astrochemistry Theory and Observation
- Bob Berman – Astronomy Magazine and author of many nonfiction books.
- Dr. Carolyn Porco – Space Science Institute, Cassini Mission, A Skype Interview with Q&A session
- Barlow Bob - Solar Observing Enthusiast
- Bob Piekiel – Telescope Optics Tuning
- Dave Bishop – Astronomy Imaging Enthusiast
- Damian G. Allis Ph.D. - Central New York Observers & Observing Exhibit (CNYO.org)
- Patrick Manley - Meteorite Enthusiast
Dates: Friday, 10/4/2013 - Sunday, 10/6/2013
Location: Kopernik Observatory & Science Center, 698 Underwood Road, Vestal, NY 13850 (Get Directions)