•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ETX125 hard case

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Higbee

John Higbee

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Recently, I was lucky enough to find an ETX125PE, with several extras and a Meade heavy duty tripod, for $375 on Craiglist. Everything is operational, but there is one item I didn't get...the aluminum hard case for the telescope (the original owner hadn't bought one).

I know that Meade no longer offers these...my question is, has anyone created one for themselves out of a hard shell rolling case? If you have, I'd like to know how you did it!

thanks, John

#2 Sean Wood

Sean Wood

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

There are a few option on Weasner's ETX site. I eventually found mine on Ebay you just have to be patient for one to come up. I did a saved search and they would email me whenever one came available.

#3 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

A couple of years back I bought a rolling soft case from Wall Mart. It was in a package that included a few other size bags but one of them was the perfect size for my 125. I had to make a few mods like styro supports for the scope, but it works really well and it has rollers. I think the package was about 30 dollars.

#4 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

A follow up on the soft case:
It's called a "protege"

#5 joerbiker

joerbiker

Vostok 1

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

John,
Did you ever find the case you were looking for?

I recently purchased an ETX-70 at a garage sale and it had a Meade 125 case. I'll not be using the case, so it's up for sale.

It's a little rough, but very usable. I can send photos on Wednesday if you are interested.

Let me know,

#6 John Higbee

John Higbee

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Joe - PM sent. thanks, John

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics