•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NexRemote on a Mac?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ranger Tim

Ranger Tim

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: SE Idaho, USA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Has anyone used NexRemote software on a Mac in emulation? Does it work well? I will be running Parallels and XP Pro.

#2 George P Dunham

George P Dunham

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Pinecliffe,CO USA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have Windows installed on a macbook pro using boot camp. I haven't used that configuration since last summer so I am a bit fuzzy on that particular memory. I seem to remember that NexRemote works as long as you have a good USB -> serial driver and adapter. Using windows in emulation might be problematic.

#3 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I never had success with it virtualization. Just use something like Sky Safari as a planetarium app.

#4 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

You have done this with a Mac laptop? Can you do it with an I-Pad? thannk you, Kasey

#5 snommisbor

snommisbor

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

I run everything on a Mac. You can get SkiFi and Sky Safari and run wirelessly with it or a iPad or iPhone. I use that for when I am Visual. You can also get The Sky X Serious or Pro and control it from your Mac. Thats what I use when I am doing AP.

#6 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yes I have Sky Fi pro with my I-Pad, works good.. Can you run NexRemote and control your NI-5 with your I-Pad as well?
Kasey

#7 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

And an afterthought, I just upgraded my I-Pad to latest and greatest (7.02?) and it locks out after any idle time and have to re-enter 4 letter code to revive it so to speak.... Wondering how that will effect Sky-Fi??
Kasey

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics