Daytime viewing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well I have been waiting and reading as much as I can on the subject on this site about BVing as I picked up a Denk PS to see about upgrading from my WO pair. Trouble is, the sky has been horrible for two months now and becoming very frustrating. Today I decided to take the scope out and look at something...I have used a house down the street before to compare EP views as I use the roof and peak to observe. I can see some difference in the shingles and siding for some detail and contrast.

I was not out to long as it is very hot and humid out, but I can see some changes in the brightness and sharpness from one EP to another and maybe between the two BV ers. Not a bad idea to check out the views in the daytime I think.

Oh and yeck, I can see all kinds of dust on the corrector plate...have to fight the urge to clean it!

#2 Mark9473

Mark9473

Cosmos

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wrong forum Bob; binoviewers in one further down the list, but welcome here anyway.

#3 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Oops, sorry about that and thanks for putting it in the wright forum:)

Bob

#4 DRodrigues

DRodrigues

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Bob,
I did/do daylight binoview since some years http://www.pt-ducks....#CR-binoviewing but since I tested an Ethos 17 on my combo http://www.pt-ducks....htm#Test of 82º,%20100%C2%BA%20and%20102%C2%BA%20AFOV%20zooms I returned again to monoview mainly because is parfocal when zooming with my set-up, which is not the case when zooming the bino-combo - I use both to cr-birding and it is more efficient with the Ethos combo since is easier to find my marked ducks and faster to read the nasal saddled codes. If I was just birding I would be using the bino-combo since is more comfortable and love the pseudo 3D effect!... :waytogo:

#5 cavefrog

cavefrog

Surveyor 1

• Loc: loozyanna

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Not a bad idea to check out the views in the daytime I think.

I think it is a good idea to try out ANY new equipment/setup in the daylight first. :grin:

Theo

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics