•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Photos-Dumbbell and Ring

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AstroMan0

AstroMan0

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Dedham, Massachusetts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well, after about 2 months of waiting, I finally got a nice clear, dry night, and was able to take some exposures. Both exposures were approximately 30 minutes on hypered tech pan, which I left in the chamber just a little too long :foreheadslap: They were taken at the prime focus of my 6 inch refractor, and they are both scans of prints I made earlier today. Overall, I am pretty pleased with my results. I also have a widefield of gamma Cygni, but the bulb on my enlarger blew before I had a chance to print it! Also, I think I found the source of the uneven fogging. I found an old discussion online from 1997 where it was said that newer 150ft Tech Pan rolls don't respond perfectly to hypering, whereas film from the cassette responds fine. I guess I'll have to find an older roll, maybe from the 80s. I just saw one or two on eBay, so they are definitely still out there.

Clear Skies,
Noah

Attached Files

#2 AstroMan0

AstroMan0

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

And here is a less enlarged print:

Attached Files

#3 AstroMan0

AstroMan0

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

And Here is the Ring:

Attached Files

#4 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

ELEVEN Grandchildren; FIVE Ducklings

• Loc: Carlisle, Cumbria, ENGLAND

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics