•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

the stand microscope

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leexeen

leexeen

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi there, I don't know whether some of you know or use this kind of specialized microscopes. They are usually used in manufacturing, such as inspecting circuit boards,printed materials or textile fabrics.
I ordered the Japanese made Peak stand microscope and just received it yesterday. The model is 2034-200x and with 200x magnification. I ordered it because I've been in a long search of my ideal grab-n-go microscope which I can take with me going out and use without too much hassle. Finally I saw the Peak product line and decided to take chance to order one. I replaced the penlight with my own LED flashlight and the result is much better. The visual result is quite impressive with a very flat field and a lot of contrast and sharpness. It has a built-in scale down to 2 microns so I can measure a lot of small things. This is my first post in the microscope section. I hope to get from you advices on the best objects to observe under 200x.

I'm planning to culture some protozoa :grin:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics