CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Post a Picture of You and Your Classic Scope Pt.2

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#526 MLyons

MLyons

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

A little over two weeks ago I was auctioneer at the 35th SJAA astronomical auction in San Jose, Ca.  I started making my first telescope in 1967, (a six inch F/8 ) and completed it in 1968 in time to be used as my 8th grade science fair project.  The mirror kit came from Optica B/C in Oakland Ca.  I remember well the visits to the store and seeing the telescopes they had for sale. Priced WAAAAAYYY beyond my reach.  Flash forward to two weeks ago.  At this auction was a very dusty (about 1/4 inch layer on the mirror) Optica six inch reflector.  I was the successful bidder and have spent my time since cleaning and restoring this object of a 13 year old desire!  The mirror cleaned up and is in perfect condition.  The back is inscribed Sept 10, 69  . attachicon.gifLN6-E.jpg

Wow! How's this for a coincidence?

I have exactly the same scope in its entirety, including original clock drive etc.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics