CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Post a Picture of You and Your Classic Scope Pt.2

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#576 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

• Loc: bellevue ne.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Now there's a couple of bird brains if ever I saw any using a reflector to boot!!!! :smirk:  Mike

• Datapanic likes this

#577 DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Viking 1

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

You just need the pirate eye patch now!   ;)

#578 actionhac

actionhac

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Seattle

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

Aye Matey's! me just a Irish potato farmer by blood, lucky to have a telescope, and a chicken to boot!

• DreamWeaver likes this

#579 dawsonian2000

dawsonian2000

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Riverview, FL, USA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

What's with all the 4" f/15 refractors?  Oh... yeah... The fantastic views in a portable package!  I read Neil's article on CN - "Stranger Than Fiction" - today, and I kept nodding my head...

Hey Bob! Pretty soon BarabinoSr and I will each be building 4" f/15's. I already have a sweet Carton f/13, but I just can't seem to help myself! :bigshock: :grin:  :lol:

Mel

That sounds like a very worthwhile project Mel. We must think alike because I had my Carton F13 when I was lucky enough to find my  Vixen.  I couldn't resist either. 

I truly hope it will be, Gary. Compared to my previous builds, this one should be an easy one. BarabinoSr, and I will be utilizing unorthodox components, but it will be functional, and hopefully a good performer. The optic is a Jaegers 4" f/15, for which many have been built by many of recent. By next year sometime, I should be posting a picture of me standing next to it on this thread.

Mel

Now you have my interest Mel. That Jaegers lens is a good place to start and the use of unorthodox components will make your project 

fun too follow. Keep us updated.

Gary

I most cetainly will Gary. Speaking of Jaegers, as I am sure you noted in my signature, I also built a Jaeger 6" f/10 refractor. I am currently creating its step-by-step construction overview pages that I will be posting on our website sometime next month. Man! An ATM'ers work is never done... :axe:

Mel

I saw your 6" Jaegers and I bet it's a joy to use. There is nothing better than finishing an atm project and being able to enjoy your work.  I know the feeling well. If I can make something I won't buy it.  My 10" Coulter I found on Craigslist for $10 with issues and now it's a new scope.

Gary

Nice website Mel. Now I understand your long time friendship with Gary B.  :bow:

Hey Gary,

Thanks for checking out the site. But, I still have a lot of updates to do to it. Yes, Gary Barabino and I go back a long ways. He introduce me to astronomy on July of 1970. Actually, the anniversary of the meeting occurred a couple of days ago on the 20th.

Mel

• BarabinoSr, fjs and G.Richard like this

#580 G.Richard

G.Richard

Mariner 2

• Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

What's with all the 4" f/15 refractors?  Oh... yeah... The fantastic views in a portable package!  I read Neil's article on CN - "Stranger Than Fiction" - today, and I kept nodding my head...

Hey Bob! Pretty soon BarabinoSr and I will each be building 4" f/15's. I already have a sweet Carton f/13, but I just can't seem to help myself! :bigshock: :grin:  :lol:

Mel

That sounds like a very worthwhile project Mel. We must think alike because I had my Carton F13 when I was lucky enough to find my  Vixen.  I couldn't resist either. 

I truly hope it will be, Gary. Compared to my previous builds, this one should be an easy one. BarabinoSr, and I will be utilizing unorthodox components, but it will be functional, and hopefully a good performer. The optic is a Jaegers 4" f/15, for which many have been built by many of recent. By next year sometime, I should be posting a picture of me standing next to it on this thread.

Mel

Now you have my interest Mel. That Jaegers lens is a good place to start and the use of unorthodox components will make your project 

fun too follow. Keep us updated.

Gary

I most cetainly will Gary. Speaking of Jaegers, as I am sure you noted in my signature, I also built a Jaeger 6" f/10 refractor. I am currently creating its step-by-step construction overview pages that I will be posting on our website sometime next month. Man! An ATM'ers work is never done... :axe:

Mel

I saw your 6" Jaegers and I bet it's a joy to use. There is nothing better than finishing an atm project and being able to enjoy your work.  I know the feeling well. If I can make something I won't buy it.  My 10" Coulter I found on Craigslist for $10 with issues and now it's a new scope.

Gary

Nice website Mel. Now I understand your long time friendship with Gary B.  :bow:

Hey Gary,

Thanks for checking out the site. But, I still have a lot of updates to do to it. Yes, Gary Barabino and I go back a long ways. He introduce me to astronomy on July of 1970. Actually, the anniversary of the meeting occurred a couple of days ago on the 20th.

Mel

That's cool Mel. I did the math and I hate to tell you two but the anniversity in 5 years will be the 50th!  :grin: Don't worry, I got my first telescope about 55 years ago.  :shocked:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics