Aug 13 Beginner DSO winner - SMigol!
Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:14 AM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:47 AM
I grabbed a view slightly off-center to show NGC 6755, NGC 6756, and SH2-74. To my eyes, the star cloud with small dust lanes looks much like a boar's head with tusks and warts.
Taken in my suburban backyard under light polluted skies with variable transparency.
17 subs at 1200 seconds at 100 ISO
Modified and cooled Pentax K10D DSLR with IDAS LPS-P2 filter
Stellarvue SV4 scope with SSF6 flattener
Losmandy G11 G2
Guided and Calibrated with Maxim
15 darks, 65 flats, 260 bias
Stacked in DSS
Processed with PixInsight
Large on flickr | Astrobin
Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:00 AM
Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:48 PM
How about the Pacman Nebula - NGC 281.
Should be well positioned for the month of October.