Storage containers C925 OTA & CGEM?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusB

ZeusB

Vostok 1

• Loc: Chicago

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

I tried to see if this was asked elsewhere, but had no luck. I have a C925 OTA and a CGEM mount that I would like to put into some type of storage containers. These would not have to endure extreme conditions, I do not intend to use them to ship my equipment. The price for the Celestron case for the ota seems a little high. I was looking at tool boxes, but can't seem to find any that would work.

Does anyone have any recommendations or similar issues?

Thanks! -Zeus

#2 Ron359

Ron359

Vostok 1

• Loc: -103 +39

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

I use a case made by Contico that is 32" L x ~13"H for my 9.25 OTA. Got it at Walmart for about $20 (a few years ago). Plenty of strength (unless you plan to sit on it) and has enough room for about 1 inch or more of foam padding on all sides and a few small accessories. HTH

#3 Bruce N

Bruce N

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Can you post a photo of your Contico storage case? And the model #? Thanks.

#4 Agatha

Agatha

Apollo

• Loc: Coulee Region, Wisconsin

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Zeus,

Here is one thread that talked about large cases. I've seen many threads that are related to these options. The big stores, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc. are great places to do some astro case shopping. There are also the more expensive Pelican cases that come in many sizes.
But check out this thread to give you an idea. Link

Good luck.

#5 ZeusB

ZeusB

Vostok 1

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I ended up getting a Huskey storage case at Home Depot for my C925 OTA. Cost me $60, but it is a very solid case, and it's big enough to fit the inner shipping box and foam brackets that the OTA came in. I put some styrofoam panels in the bottom and on two sides to insulate and cushion the whole setup, and everything works very nicely.

I'll try to add some pictures.

#6 ZeusB

ZeusB

Vostok 1

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Zeus,

Here is one thread that talked about large cases. I've seen many threads that are related to these options. The big stores, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc. are great places to do some astro case shopping. There are also the more expensive Pelican cases that come in many sizes.
But check out this thread to give you an idea. Link

Good luck.

Thank you!! I got the 37" Huskey mobile took box, and it's perfect for my purposes!!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics