Value of the "old battleship"?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ScottW

ScottW

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Well I decided to offer the "old Battleship" up for sale. I would like to post it but I'm somewhat at a loss as far as it's value.
I cleaned up the OTA and mount for a quick try and everything worked fine. It is not in "showroom condition", it shows its age overall. That said the optics seemed very good. Sure the mirror has some minor coating flaws but nothing major. The tube is in rough condition. There are flaws at both ends and a small notch at the front and somewhat discolored. The mount has a motor that works. I did not try to engage the drive. It's missing the setting circles and the adjustable screws for its feet, but other than that it is complete and work fine.
I have some pictures that I hope to post latter this week but if someone can give me a ballpark figure it would speed things up.

Scott

#2 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Well I decided to offer the "old Battleship" up for sale. I would like to post it but I'm somewhat at a loss as far as it's value.

Scott:

What exactly is "the old battleship?" Pictures would be nice but without knowing anything about it, there is not much anyone could say...

:question:

Jon

#3 Masvingo

Masvingo

Viking 1

• Loc: Ayrshire, Scotland

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Edmund Edscorp 8" f8

Sorry no idea as to it's value, maybe Fred (Amicus Sidera) or Neil (apfever) might chip in with a range of values but, yeah, really need to see some pictures at least to get an idea of overall condition.

#4 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: The Great Basin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'd sell my left... thumb... for an old Edmund 8" with mount and drive. Beautiful old scope. Rugged. Designed with station-wagons in mind.

#5 tim53

tim53

Cosmos

• Loc: Highland Park, CA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yes, something like this!: http://www.examiner....e/des57shop.jpg

-Tim.

#6 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

• Loc: bellevue ne.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

All I had was an Edmund's 3" F/10 to put into our new 1958 Pontiac station wagon which was two tone lilac and cream. :grin: Mike

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics