September 2013 Challenge Entries (NGC 7331)
Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:29 AM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:47 PM
31 x 300 s (2,5 h) TEC + QSI
22 x 600 s (3,7 h) C11 + SXV-H9
R,G,B: 6 x 600 s (3 h) TEC + QSI
Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:23 PM
59 x 750s RGBs + 9 x 3600s H-Alphas.
Processed in PixInsight using Harry's script for integrating H-alpha... not much color otherwise.
Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:53 PM
STL11000M, Astrodon LRGB filters.
Lum 30x600 (1x1) RGB 12x600 each (2x2)
CCDStack, PS CS3
Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:40 AM
Telescope: Astrosib RC250 @ f/6 f=1500mm
Mount: Mesumount 200
Guiding: OAG with Lodestar
Exposure: 11x20min L + 3 times 4x20min RGB
Date: September 1st & 4th, 2013
Location: Montlaux, France
Processed with Pixinsight
High resolution image
My general blog site
Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 PM
~12 hours of data
Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM
August 30th/September 4th
Location: San Romualdo - Ravenna (Italy) - 3mt on see level
Tecnosky Apo 130 f/6.9 on ASA DDM60PRO
Unguided images from 450 seconds
CCD QSI 520ws cooled -12 - RGB Baader filters
RGB: R (tot.2h45'), G (tot.2h30'), B (1h50').
Acquired with: MaximDL5 - Dark, Bias and Flat subtract
Processed with MaximDL5, StarTools1.3, Photoshop CS2 and Paint Shop ProX4
Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:33 PM
Scope: RCOS 12.5in @ f/9
Camera: FLI PL16803
OAG with ST-402
Location: New Mexico Skies
Capture date: Sept. 1-4, 2013
Lum 26x20m;Red 17x15m;Green 18x15m;Blue 16x15m
Scope and Camera belong to SL63 AMG (Dave)
Mount belongs to Elbee (Lee)
Processing done by Elbee using CCDStack and Photoshop CS3
Higher Res NGC7331 here
thanks for looking.
Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:33 PM
Scope is AG Optical 12.5" F/3.8 newt.
QSI640wsg8 camera with Astrodon filters gen2
20 x 5 min Lum 1x1
18 x 4 min ea RGB 2x2
MaximDL, CCD Stack, CS5
Imaged at my observatory under yellow/orange skies.
Link to a cropped version showing more of the galaxy.
Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:33 PM
LRGB L=69x180s R=19x180s G=20x180s B=23x180s
AT 10" CFRC
QSI 532 WS
Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:45 PM
AT10RCF QSI640 45x600 LRGB Bortle 5 (orange zone)
full specs found here: http://www.astrobin.com/49335/
Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:10 PM