•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comet hunter mount suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Theoid

Theoid

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

I am already in for a GEM one day, yet I want a more portable mount and I was wondering what the most lightweight mount i could use would be, possibly the Porta II or the Twilight II, or something else... The hunter is 15.4 lbs, let me know what youall think about those mounts, i also want to use the mount i buy for a polarie, with camera mounted on it.

Thanks again! :jump:

#2 Theoid

Theoid

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Also, i want the most intuitive mount obviously...

#3 Kendahl

Kendahl

Messenger

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

For visual observing, any of the mounts with a 30 pound capacity would be sufficient. If you want to use it for photography, you need to go up a step in strength to an Atlas, CGEM or iEQ45. Buying used would save you considerable money. The one mount I wouldn't buy used is the iEQ45. iOptron has been improving it rapidly which means that you want the latest version.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics