•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

maxim DL user help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm trying out the demo of Maxim DL to see if the software is for me. I've looked at the video's on Starizona's website and I have a question for those who use Maxim. The video on taking flats his camera control menu shows 7 different options and mine is only showing 3. I wanted to know since I'm only using the demo do I not have the option to add those 4 options to the camera control menu or will I be able to add to it once I've purchased the software.

The options I have are exspose, guide and setup and his show's those along with settings, sequence, inspect, and focus.

#2 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hmmm. I dunno, what are you trying to do that this concerns you? My advice, check out Sequence Generator Pro. Cheaper and more up to date.

Good luck,

Chris

#3 tomcody

tomcody

Vanguard

• Loc: Titusville, Florida

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

What options are not showing up in the menu? I think the options are dependent on the camera and driver so may differ between cameras. For example if the camera and driver does not have a IR flush, then it will not be in the menu.
Rex

EDIT : I just looked at the flats tutorial video and noted that it was using MaxIlm 4 not 5 , you probably have the 5 demo so maybe thats the difference?

#4 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Soyuz

• Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think the video is shown with a previous version of maxim. I don't see any problem.
feel free to further learn maxim with this 14 videos tutorials :) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3i-WZ8IPxvc

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics