• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm trying out the demo of Maxim DL to see if the software is for me. I've looked at the video's on Starizona's website and I have a question for those who use Maxim. The video on taking flats his camera control menu shows 7 different options and mine is only showing 3. I wanted to know since I'm only using the demo do I not have the option to add those 4 options to the camera control menu or will I be able to add to it once I've purchased the software.

The options I have are exspose, guide and setup and his show's those along with settings, sequence, inspect, and focus.

#2 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hmmm. I dunno, what are you trying to do that this concerns you? My advice, check out Sequence Generator Pro. Cheaper and more up to date.

Good luck,

Chris

#3 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Titusville, Florida

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

What options are not showing up in the menu? I think the options are dependent on the camera and driver so may differ between cameras. For example if the camera and driver does not have a IR flush, then it will not be in the menu.
Rex

EDIT : I just looked at the flats tutorial video and noted that it was using MaxIlm 4 not 5 , you probably have the 5 demo so maybe thats the difference?

#4 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Gemini

• Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think the video is shown with a previous version of maxim. I don't see any problem.
feel free to further learn maxim with this 14 videos tutorials :) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3i-WZ8IPxvc

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics