cleardark sky chart disappeared

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Noisykids

Noisykids

Viking 1

• Loc: ma

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

The cleardark sky chart i keep on my desktop disappeared today. this happen to anyone else? i have no clue how i installed it in the first place. a visit to the web site says a server is down, and earlier today i got an error message that firefox couldn't fine the server.

#2 WesC

WesC

Vanguard

• Loc: La Crescenta, CA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

i just went to the site fine, and my sig line still works as does my iPhone app...

#3 Noisykids

Noisykids

Viking 1

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

how do i get it back on the desktop? anybody know that? I have a shortcut icon that works, but i can't figure out how to display the chart right on the desktop.

#4 beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Hamilton, ON,Canada

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

how do i get it back on the desktop? anybody know that? I have a shortcut icon that works, but i can't figure out how to display the chart right on the desktop.

I just have it as a quick launch on my toolbar right next to cloudynights. Can't get much more convenient than that since it only updates every 12 hours or so.

Eric

#5 fmhill

fmhill

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

You don't say what your PC operating system is, in Windows 7 and probably other recent versions is a function called "Desktop Gadgets"...

You can use the Windows search function to locate Desktop Gadgets and open it. There you should find the Clear Dark Sky clock and re-enable it to show on your desktop...

#6 Noisykids

Noisykids

Viking 1

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

i have windows 7. i'll look into the gadgets. this is a toshiba laptop with a really jumpy display, lately. font sizes on pages change constantly. drives me coo coo.

#7 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here's an ongoing thread explaining how to put the CSC in your sig.

Thread

#8 Noisykids

Noisykids

Viking 1

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

somehow it's back. trouble with it is it always shows the blue squares when i'm usually in bed.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics