• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeffscra

jeffscra

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Folks:

I'm trying to add my 7d to Startools 3 and I'm sure about the data to use. I was pointed to clarksvision.com but I haven't been able to figure out what data I should use. Does anyone have any information that might help?

Anyone else use their 7d in Startools 3?

Thanks

Jeff

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Not sure what Startools is. Do you mean SkyTools? And which of the data is giving you a problem?

#3 jeffscra

jeffscra

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Its Startools 3 by Skyhound...

I think I have data that is close now. You have to add your gear and then it gives you exposure information. So the specs have to be relatively accurate to provide you the information.

Thanks

#4 Charlie B

Charlie B

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sterling, Virginia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

It is actually SkyTools 3. Were you able to get to the edit camera data menu? If so, please ask about what you do not understand.

Regards,

Charlie B

#5 jeffscra

jeffscra

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

YES....I stand corrected....it is SkyTools 3. Yes I can get to the area to add the camera. I'm just not sure I am accurate with the data to plug into it. I had another guy provide me some numbers from another board and I have those plugged in now.

At the time of writing, I didn't have any data to plug in and wasn't sure because I wasn't finding it on Clarkvision.com where I had been pointed.

If someone knows they have good data, I would like to still compare it to what I am using.

Thanks again.

#6 Charlie B

Charlie B

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sterling, Virginia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Canon 7D data can be found here and at the Clarkvision site under the section Sensor Noise, Dynamic Range and Full-well analysis for the 7D. The combination gives almost all parameters needed. The only missing piece is the QE, which is in the neighborhood of 35.6% peak, which can be found here.

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics