Astro Physics Future

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 mark8888

mark8888

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

He has specifically endorsed TEC scopes.

I was just curious if you have a source for that? Not that I doubt it, I know they're friends and I enjoy Roland's occasional contributions to the TEC Yahoo group.

#27 blueman

blueman

Photon Catcher

• Loc: California

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Roland told me and others on Amart that the TEC scopes were as good as his. He endorsed buying one if you were not willing or unable to wait for one of his.
Blueman

I was just curious if you have a source for that? Not that I doubt it, I know they're friends and I enjoy Roland's occasional contributions to the TEC Yahoo group.

#28 mark8888

mark8888

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Roland told me and others on Amart that the TEC scopes were as good as his. He endorsed buying one if you were not willing or unable to wait for one of his.
Blueman

Thank you! Nice to hear.

#29 Calypte

Calypte

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Anza, California

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Roland's comment July 18, 2012 in the ap-ug group: "Yuri at TEC delivers a top notch product, second to none. If you can get one, don't hesitate."

#30 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Blueman

He also told me in person at NEAF that TEC scopes were just as good as his.

You might have to wait a year for one of Yuri's beauties, but that's better than 10 years.

I am quite satisfied with my TEC 140 and I'll probably keep it -- even if I get a notification from A-P...... someday. :cool:

Ron

#31 Jeff B

Jeff B

Surveyor 1

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Roland has suggested several times that he will eventually retire. I suppose it all depends upon how much fun he continues to have.

And 25 years ago Ed Byers wrote he was going to retire. He told me personnaly two years ago he was still going to retire.

Well, we'll see.

I hope they both stick around for some time. Great people.

Jeff

#32 Megabusa

Megabusa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Page ,AZ

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

My new AP1600GTO is being delivered Monday. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Now that is exciting!

Yep it is!... Back from the depths of telescope on the observatory floor.

WOW ! Super Hi-Tech Stuff

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics