Info on Scope Repair Company

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tclehman1969

tclehman1969

Ranger 4

• Loc: SF Bay Area, California

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

I have a C8 that I would like to get some TLC work done to and was thinking of sending to Optic Wave Laboratories outside Sacramento in California. Based on the website, they seem they can do the work I would like to have done. However, I can't seem to get a return call or email about a couple questions I have about the work. I really don't want to send it to someone that does poor work or isn't even there so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has some experience with them. Anybody have any experiences with OWL?

Thanks!

#2 thesubwaypusher

thesubwaypusher

Viking 1

• Loc: New York City

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

I personally don't have experience with them, but I have read a lot of good things about them on the forums.

Good luck!

Chris

#3 Starhawk

Starhawk

Space Ranger

• Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

That shop used to be Far Point Optical. You might want to look around for reviews on the results others have had.

-Rich

#4 Billydee

Billydee

Viking 1

• Loc: Winter Haven, FL

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Do it the old way, have you tried to phone them?? Many smaller companies do not have the staff to handle all the eMails they receive.

Bill

#5 tclehman1969

tclehman1969

Ranger 4

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yes, tried calling and emailing. Both to no avail.

#6 budman1961

budman1961

Apollo

• Loc: Springfield, MO

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Here is a link for you to take a look at.

#7 mich_al

mich_al

Vanguard

• Loc: Rural central lower Michigan Yellow Skies

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I have a C8 that I would like to get some TLC work done to and was thinking of sending to Optic Wave Laboratories outside Sacramento in California. Based on the website, they seem they can do the work I would like to have done. However, I can't seem to get a return call or email about a couple questions I have about the work. I really don't want to send it to someone that does poor work or isn't even there so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has some experience with them. Anybody have any experiences with OWL?

Thanks!

Considering that's your experience when you're trying to spend money imagine how it will go in case there is a problem.

#8 tclehman1969

tclehman1969

Ranger 4

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hey, thanks for the links on previous posts. From the sounds of it it seems when they do work, it is probably going to be good, but there seem to be a lot of people with very bad experiences. I'll keep the money in my pocket and look elsewhere.

Any suggestions on where else to look to have a scope checked out and tweaked as needed?

#9 Alan S

Alan S

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well, they are local for me, but Starizona has always done excellent by me personally (3 sct's over the years). They do not re-coat optics but otherwise can service your sct...give them a call and they can answer your questions.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics