Photo

Anyone have a manual for Sky Sync?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluenote

bluenote

Sputnik

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi There....I just got a used Celestron Sky Sync for my 8SE and did not get a users manual with it. Does anyone have one they could copy for me or send me a PDF to my e mail address? Would be much appreciated! (BTW I tried to download a manual from Celestron... no luck) :confused:

#2 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

What do you need to know first off?

#3 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

There is no manual for the SkySync. You just plug it in.

Stan

#4 faltered

faltered

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

from the Celestron website....

First, find the AUX port to plug it in on your mount.

For the Advanced GT using the CN-16, which does not have an AUX port, you will need to buy the aux port accessory #93965. As of early 2011, it’s discontinued, but some dealers may have stock or it may be available used. For the Advanced GT and the SkySync, unplug the Advanced GT’s hand control, plug in the GPS to the HC port and then plug in the hand control to the port on the base of the SkySync.

Second, turn on the mount.

Third, enable the GPS. Press MENU , scroll up/down using the 6 and or 9 keys to UTILITIES press ENTER and scroll again to find GPS ON/OFF Choose On and press ENTER.

You can verify that the GPS is working by going to MENU and scrolling for VIEW TIME-SITE. There you will see “GPS linking” and then the time and site information when it’s done.

Fourth, check your time zone settings. This is under MENU (scroll) SCOPE SETUP (press ENTER and scroll) SETUP TIME-SITE and press ENTER, finally reaching “Select One: Standard Time or Daylight Savings”. Make the correct choice and press ENTER. Then you’ll be prompted for your time zone. Scroll up/down until yours appears and press ENTER. Return to the top-level of the hand control by pressing UNDO repeatedly.

The mount will remember that its GPS is enabled when powered down. However, you will need to manually change back and forth to and from daylight savings to standard time when they change during the spring and fall.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics