Sep13 Wide Field Winner - SMigol !
Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37 PM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:04 AM
Heart (IC 1805) and Soul (IC 1848) as seen in my orange zone, suburban backyard in Menlo Park, CA, USA on September 28, 2013.
Taken with a modified and cooled Pentax K10D using the smc P-A* 1:4 300mm lens. Used lens-mounted IDAS LPS P2 filter and B+W 486 UV/IR filter to control light pollution and unfocused light.
9 frames with 3 each at F5.6, F6.7, and F8 for a total integration time of 3 hours. The range of F stops was used to understand and possibly control purple fringing and coma.
Guided with ST80 and SSAG on Losmandy G11.
Calibrated with Maxim using flats for each F stop.
Stacked in DSS, processed in PixInsight to stretch and remove some noise.
Larger on Flickr | Full size on Astrobin
Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:14 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:18 AM
For the November target, star clusters Messier 36 and Messier 38 in the same view. Mosaics are OK.