Astromist 3.3 IPhone/IPad/Ipod
Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:13 PM
Astromist 3.3 is available into the AppStore.
I added IOS 7.0 support (I was afraid at the beginning but it was quiet easy) and fix the bug that was forcing you to reset your device at each update....
A new feature : I added a weather forecast assistant Astro oriented :-)
I am very happy with it and I tested this summer. Forecast are accurate and are provided per hours for the next 48h !
I was able to wake up in the night to get 3 hours of clear skies at the time planned by the forecast !
You get the clear sky probability, temp, due point and more.
There are forecast for the next 7 days too.
Astromist users benefit of a free service but your are limited to 3 forecasts per day (one per location). So take care of them ;-)
The Main changes
- Add iOS 7.0 support
- New Weather Forecast assistant (Tools menu). Clear Sky, Temperature, Rain risk, Due point Forecast for next 48 hours and next 7 day and much more! Limited to 3 full forecast request per day.
- New information dialog with text scroll and better night mode support.
- New input dialog with better night mode support.
- New higher resolution and colored World Map in all screen that uses a world map
- New moon map more detailed
- Comet Assistant : into BestDate module, sort the list by Magnitude.
- iPad : improve screens where map was displayed (daynight, eclipse, location, planet, satellite assistants)
- Moon Assistant : add next and previous object selection using fingers into Terminator assistant
- Moon Assistant : display the size of the selected Crater on the map.
- NightTripper Assistant : add next and previous object selection using fingers
- ObjectInfo Assistant: Display a reduced picture of each object on iPhone and iPod devices
- PhotoDiaporama Assistant : Resize display of pictures to better fit screen size
- Select Object assistant : add a preview list
- Select Object assistant : add more magnitude criteria
- SkyChart : Enable a nicer but slower display of charts if FastScroll switch into Pref 5/7 is Off.
- Comet Assistant : wrong magnitude computation when using BestDate
- Comet Assistant : magnitude was displayed to 0 into skychart information bar
- Launch : previous update needed a reset after install to be able to use Astromist
- NightTripper : In some circumstance, the selected object was lost when using the list filter
- Preference 2/7 : Wrong computation with diameter greater than 400mm
- Select Object assistant : selection with magnitude was not accurate
- SkyChart-NightTripper : In some circumstance the selected object was lost when switching back and forth from SkyChart to NightTripper
Enjoy and clear skies :-)
Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:11 PM
Glad to see you're still updating Astromist. I had this many years ago on my Palm Tungsten E. Working with various star atlas's, Astromist and a Palm mapping program called PleidAtlas helped me find my way around the sky...
All the best & good luck!
Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:21 AM
As a daystar fan, I like your H-Alpha refractor : brilliant work !
All the best