• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Before taking delivery, the owner of Skylight AR101/15 #4 allowed me to provide his refractor to the reviewer who then spent almost 3 weeks with the scope in June.

The review of his time spent with the Skylight AR101/15 & the exclusive TeleVue objective lens is now featured in the new issue (October) of Astronomy Now. Astronomy Now is a UK based magazine and is available internationally.

Thanks for reading.

AR101/15 #4 shown below (after the review & just before delivery to the owner) :cool:

Attached Files

#2 ianatcn

ianatcn

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Hampshire, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hi Richard,

I enjoyed reading Steve Ringwood's review and I hope that owner of #4 is as pleased with his AT101/15 as I am with mine.

I am really looking forward to some good views of Jupiter this winter.

I am still using my 'scope on the TV Gibraltar5 mount and notice a significant improvement in damping since fitting the new anti vibration disc set. Simon at Widescreen recommended these and they are a must for any Skylight owner who uses this mount.

I have had some amazing lunar views with a pair of 10mm TV DELOS eyepieces with TV Bino-Vue. All optics by TV, engineering by Skylight! :grin:

#3 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I am still using my 'scope on the TV Gibraltar5 mount and notice a significant improvement in damping since fitting the new anti vibration disc set. Simon at Widescreen recommended these and they are a must for any Skylight owner who uses this mount.

I have had some amazing lunar views with a pair of 10mm TV DELOS eyepieces with TV Bino-Vue. :grin:

Thanks Ian, I've never used the vibration dampening pads, I'll look into it.

I often use my 8mm Delos with the AR101/15...I agree that the combination of the TeleVue objective & the Delos design produces excellent results! :cool:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics