Photo

The Wall Street Journal & the Skylight AR101.15...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

SKYLIGHT NEWS UPDATE!

A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from a writer who was interested in including my Skylight AR101.15 design in a piece he was doing on Telescopes. A flurry of emails followed to get a scope in his hands for a photo shoot that quickly followed and in a remarkable turnaround, my Skylight AR101.15 is in the 'Gear & Gadgets' section of the Wall Street Journal today (Saturday Sept. 21)!

It’s in the USA edition and may also be in the next Europe edition next week.

It’s also now online at the Wall Street Journal.

While the working reference of ‘Tools for the Amateur Astronomer’ has been changed, it’s a superb feature with an amazing presentation image.

From their initial contact with me to print day was only two weeks, so I could only do so much from this side of the Atlantic, so I owe a huge, public thank you to Albert in NJ who drove all through 2 states to get his scope to a photo shoot, the result of which is superb and visible on the article's featured picture! If you were at NEAF this year, you will have seen Albert's scope on display in the TeleVue booth.

So, a big thank you to Albert, & thank you for reading.

Attached Files

#2 Aquarist

Aquarist

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Illinois

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yes, my wife and I saw the article and picture today. Nice to know the background.

#3 GoodAsh

GoodAsh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

It was my pleasure and alot of fun watching the photo shoot!

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Congrats Richard!

I hope some exposure like that nets you some good sales. :)

#5 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

• Vendors

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Congrats Richard!

Thanks Michael, the website has picked up a considerable increase in traffic as you might imagine! :rainbow:

The Skylight AR101/15 is scope is available in three versions, with the Baader Steeltrack featured on the middle (Deluxe) model. However, as this focuser is no longer available from Baader, I have found a replacement of similar quality (possibly better).

It’s a very smooth & modern rack & pinion example as shown in the picture attached. I can supply it in either black anodized or in the anodized brass colour shown in the picture below. The rack & pinion design is very strong and this focuser would have equal (or possibly superior) holding power to the Steeltrack.

Attached Files

#6 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

• Vendors

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

For those of us on this of the Atlantic, I can now confirm that the WSJ piece; "Grab Yourself Some Space! has been picked up & published in this weekend's edition (September 27/2013) of the Wall Street Journal-Europe!
:jump:

As good as it looks online, it looks even better in print! In the UK, it's available in most WHSmith's and more complete newsagents. If you can find a retailer with a good selection of international papers, you should be able to find one.

Thanks for reading. :cool:

#7 Ira

Ira

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Mitzpe Ramon, Israel

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Beautiful scope. Congrats on the major exposure.

/Ira

#8 Paul C-I

Paul C-I

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Congratulations Richard!

Well earned exposure. It may keep you busy for some time!

Paul

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics