#51 Megabusa

Megabusa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Page ,AZ

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

You're also pretty good at making funny posts with random grammar :lol:

I wonder how good Einstein would have been at post-proccessing :lol:

I don't know about Einstein , But I'll bet the Beaver would have been pretty good at it :stuck: O-By-The-Way Keep a close eye on :watching: tim57064 Tread Hes building a Obs with Photos :photo:

#52 wavecloud

wavecloud

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've had close encounters with beavers at one of my favoirite dark sky sites (its private, in the family, west of Edmonton, totally black, sorry) I should get them to do my post processing. Maybe they'de take a break with with their multiple Dams and huge Ponds and build my Obs base for me :lol:

#53 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Oklahoma

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

In answering you about cost, keep in mind that I built my obs about 5 years ago. As you all know, EVERYTHING has gone up in price in the last 5 years, even the price of the Explora-Dome. I agree with what Megabusa said in that you need to work out a plan down to the exact (well, as close as possible) amount of building materials and then go to the store of your choice and find the items on your list. At the time I built my obs, I had a pretty good idea of what things I needed and then shopped around for the best possible deal. If you are near a Habitat for Humanity store, check them out. You can find some great deals there. I found the 2 double hung vinyl windows (brand new) at Habitat for pennies on the dollar. If you look around, you can find some good deals.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics