There were many highlights, including:
• Quite simply, the best observing conditions at Indian Trail Springs in several years.
• The best weather that OSP attendees have seen in years. We had mostly clear skies throughout the entire event. Best of all, there were no wildfires, smoke and/or hazy conditions.
• There were approximately 540 attendees this year.
• Many thanks to all the 50+ volunteers whose hard work during the star party allowed everything to run smoothly.
• Four and Twenty Blackbirds, our newest food service provider, received many compliments for their meals and good customer service. As always, Shawna’s Espresso Blast was a welcome sight, especially her smoothies!
• The speakers were well received. Steve Bryson’s presentation on the Kepler Space Telescope was quite popular.
• Each evening’s Night Telescope Walkabout was completely full and well received. During Mel Bartel’s afternoon Telescope Walkabout, people saw some amazing telescope designs.
• Dave Powell's nightly star talk was well-received yet again this year.
• Thanks to Ken Hose for stepping up to lead the Nature Hike.
• A special thank you to the vendors and donors; they are certainly an integral part of the star party and they’re much appreciated.
• We saw old friends and developed new friendship as well.
As always, Dark Matters at Oregon Star Party! Jim Todd & Tony Hill, OSP co-directors