•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Oct. 1 Phoenix AZ outreach

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mjt24073

mjt24073

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

I just wanted to post a note of appreciation for the astronomer (hopefully he follows Cloudy Nights) who was providing some outreach at a Phoenix AZ area conference I attended on Tuesday Oct. 1. :bow: I apologize that I don't have his name, but he worked at Arizona State University, and did a great job educating us auditors. He used his I-pad as an aid to describe the object he was showcasing before offering a view through his telescope. I'm sure it was a challenging audience, which made the effort all the more impressive. I know that a lot of people were blown away by his descriptions of the distances to various objects. I guess I take it for granted, but for those not accustomed to astronomy, the universe is quite a lot to grasp if you are not used to thinking in terms of those distances.

Mike

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics