zEQ25 overcurrent error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Greenfield, Indiana, USA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I havent contacted iOptron customer service about this yet and wanted to check to see if anyone here knew a "quick fix".

Last night I left the mount tracking and was delayed getting back to it for about 4 hours. I believe that the camera attached to one of the scopes came in contact with the tripod forcing it to stop. Now I get a continuous "R.A. Overcurrent" error.

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Astronewb

Astronewb

Apollo

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I havent contacted iOptron customer service about this yet and wanted to check to see if anyone here knew a "quick fix".

Last night I left the mount tracking and was delayed getting back to it for about 4 hours. I believe that the camera attached to one of the scopes came in contact with the tripod forcing it to stop. Now I get a continuous "R.A. Overcurrent" error.

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

Oops, been there, done that Mike. You didn't cause any permanent damage. The encoder motor has so much torque, that when the tripod 'jumped in front of' the camera, it knocked the hinge base out of position.

You will need to remove the cover and reseat the worm. Not very hard to do, and luckily, I'm just finishing up a YouTube vid on how to tune your Z, so it's a win-win for you.

You can kill two birds with one stone.

Will post up a link shortly.

Paul

#3 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Paul,

Thanks! The last time that happened to me I was sure it was going to be the last...

Mike

#4 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Post deleted by anat

#5 Astronewb

Astronewb

Apollo

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Same here Mike...:)

The first vid is up at YouTube, waiting for the other 2 vids. Had to make 3 parts to keep it under the YT time limit.

You can at least watch part one > http://youtu.be/-Cjqs4iDW1c

I'll start a thread with the link when all the uploads finish processing.

Cheers,

Paul

#6 ramasule

ramasule

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

bow down to paul

#7 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

bow down to paul

+1!

Between very good customer support and Paul's expertise we, the other z25 users, have it made!

I do like iOptron's willingness to send repair parts out for user installation. I made the same mistake with my Meade mount early this year and it took about 4 weeks plus $60 in shipping to get it fixed.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics