CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Imaging with the black heavy duty tripod.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcbaros

dcbaros

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Austin Texas

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I have had my GPS 11 for a few years and finally decided to do some astrophotography. I got a heavy duty wedge and a piggybacked st80 for autoguiding. I have not had the chance to take it out yet due to weather. Is the black heavy duty tripod really that unstable with the wedge? I really don't want to spend money on a new tripod.

#2 scout72

scout72

Apollo

• Loc: SF Bay Area

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

It will be much much - I mean you can't believe how much- better with an aftermarket spreader tray. I forget who makes the one I have, but it is 1/4" thick metal, makes a handy tray and eyepiece holder and totally stabilizes things. As shown here: sct tray

#3 dcbaros

dcbaros

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Austin Texas

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hm I will have to look into those. Any idea who would buy these? http://tpiastro.com/pricing.htm For 40 more dollars you could just buy a new tripod.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics