Post a picture of your Cat

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#401 John Higbee

John Higbee

Mariner 2

• Loc: Virginia

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 AM

Attached File  P1040154 (reduced).jpg   171.81KB   1 downloadsAttached File  P1050059 (600x800).jpg   200.72KB   0 downloadsMy two classic Orange Tubes....

John

Edited by John Higbee, Yesterday, 03:27 AM.

• cracked lens likes this

#402 bob midiri

bob midiri

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: pa 19320

Posted Yesterday, 04:14 AM

Nice clean C14 John!!

#403 cracked lens

cracked lens

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Boylston, Ma.

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 PM

You've got the OTA mounted backwards, and could have goto/tracking issues... The fork arm should be on the left as you use the telescope. 

Funny you recognized this. I did set it up as per text book instructions. But to me the focus knob was way too low to the base plus with the arm on the right works excellent. I guess because of my dyslexia and I am also left handed. With the focuser knob on the top is an easy to get to operation. When I did decide to put the knob on the top and the arm to the left. There was issues with the goto tracking. So I decided to switch the arm to the right to over come this issue.

It should be fork arm to the left, locking knob to the bottom.

Well the Nile should flow south then! :blahblah:

#404 cracked lens

cracked lens

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Boylston, Ma.

Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

I like that new Purple Nagler perched  on the spreader bar, what FOV do you get with it?

Oh that is my super secret 100x barlow lens!

#405 Peter9

Peter9

Aurora

• Loc: Yorkshire - Born & Bred

Posted Today, 02:58 AM

You've got the OTA mounted backwards, and could have goto/tracking issues... The fork arm should be on the left as you use the telescope. 

Funny you recognized this. I did set it up as per text book instructions. But to me the focus knob was way too low to the base plus with the arm on the right works excellent. I guess because of my dyslexia and I am also left handed. With the focuser knob on the top is an easy to get to operation. When I did decide to put the knob on the top and the arm to the left. There was issues with the goto tracking. So I decided to switch the arm to the right to over come this issue.

It should be fork arm to the left, locking knob to the bottom.

Well the Nile should flow south then! :blahblah:

As may your O.T.A

Take care.  Peter.

#406 Edd Weninger

Edd Weninger

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted Today, 09:47 AM

Been fooling around with a GoPro for still shots.  Here's my Mak in Blackdog Observatory, Arizona.

Cheers,

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics