CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro vs Ioptron IEQ45

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 timps

timps

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'm in the market for a mount to suit a 4" Apo. Am considering the Ioptron as I have heard that the software on the Skywatcher is not that good at all.

Any advice appreciated.....Thanks

#2 northernontario

northernontario

Apollo

• Loc: Porcupine, Ontario Canada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

You can always use EQMOD with the EQ6 mounts.

It is a very good program.

jake

#3 kbastro

kbastro

Apollo

• Loc: Running from Clouds

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

software is not bad on the eq6-gt,, other than point, guide and track what do you want the mount to do??

kb

#4 frolinmod

frolinmod

Vanguard

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

The main thing I miss with the Synscan hand controller is a Sun object. And there's no way to work around it by adding solar orbit based user defined objects as can be done with other mounts. The Synscan has only RA/DEC based user defined objects.

#5 timps

timps

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

software is not bad on the eq6-gt,, other than point, guide and track what do you want the mount to do??

kb

I think there are more issues with the NEQ6 software for us southern hemisphere observers than there is for those in the northern hemisphere.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics