• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 maugi88

maugi88

Postasaurusrex

• Loc: SE MN

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Cherokeeridge,

Please post your dealing with meade as I have the same scope but no camera to test it.

Upon my conversation with them they are insinuating that this must be a problem with your particular OTA and not the design as a whole.

I am very skeptical of this but want to give meade the benefit of a doubt.

As I have stated I bought my scope for AP but cannot afford the camera for a good year yet. If my mirror moves there is no way I will be able to get the results a high end instrument (which this is supposed to be)should give. Visually I haven't noticed focusing all that often.

Maybe there is a retrofit lock that Meade will offer to fix this. I would be fine with anything that works.

#27 Alph

Alph

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Melmac

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I am very skeptical of this but want to give meade the benefit of a doubt.

Let's not jump the gun. I am skeptical about FocusMax. Manual focusing with MaximDL always worked better for me than FocusMax.

#28 cherokeeridge1

cherokeeridge1

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yes, I also am somewhat skeptical of FocusMax sometimes and so in this instance I was also watching the very dim backgound stars to reaffirm my focus point.
I agree about "jumping the gun" and would not presume to say this focus shift will be present on all LX850s. Hopefully not! I can only testify to my own problem.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics