• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 langman78

langman78

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Howdy all,
I just started dabbling with some basic AP using my 8se with my cannon 1100D at prime focus. I've managed to take some pretty nice shots but I've been wanting to experiment with 40 to 50 frames and stack them in DSS.
Im very much a noobie when it comes to AP. The problem I'm having is, every time I load my desired files onto DSS and the stacking process is complete, all I'm left with is a black image? It's as if DSS is only taking sectional images of space rather than the moon image.
I've tried a number of times with the same result and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or perhaps this program isn't suited for moon pics? Any advise and feed back would be greatly thankful.

#2 astrovienna

astrovienna

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: The NoVa White Zone

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't know of anyone using DSS for stacking lunar or planetary images, and it certainly wasn't designed with that in mind. Try Autostakkert, which is what most people here are using. Easy and free.

Kevin

#3 langman78

langman78

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Nice I will have a go. Is there any real benefit from stacking lunar images? I have on the net there isn't a real advantage. I would of thought so with higher magnification surface images?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics