CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

G11 replacement worm / PEC

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 gdd

gdd

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lynnwood, WA (N/O Seattle)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

i wanted to ask you all when you do polar align do you leave the altitude, and or azimuth locked down? it seems impossible to get a good alignment when you have to lock down the altitude and azimuth after adjustments. i've been adjusting my altitude with it locked down , not sure if im stripping anything lol.

I loosen both altitude and azimuth while making adjustments, then tighten them when done. I did not see any change in the polaris or 2nd star locations after tightening.

Gale

#27 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Rob, if you send your motors in for a rebuild be sure to get their firmware upgraded too. They added electronic balancing to them.

Also, I'm on the most recent edition and have no issues. I dunno :)

#28 Hilmi

Hilmi

Skylab

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Firmware update is on main mount controller

#29 pfile

pfile

Gemini

• -----

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

good idea, i'll ask about that too. i don't know what causes the G2 issues, even on the firmware i am running other people apparently had no problems. my main issue is model corruption when doing syncs near one another (such as astrotortilla will do)

rob

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics