• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StrangeDejavu

StrangeDejavu

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Florida

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hi all,

When I was a kid, my parents bought me one of those cheap microscope starter kits. I think that was one of the moments that really got me interested in Science. I've always been the research type, ask lots of questions, did really well in high school (passed my 10th grade science class exam with a 100). This later rubbed off on me in the form of astronomy, which is still my first love. Since I was 18-years-old, I have been fascinated with Medical Lab Tech's in the Medical field. I'm going on 25-years-old now, and every time I dig deep and think of what I want to go to school for, I always come back to MLT. A big part of their job revolves around microscopes and detecting organisms in blood/fluid in order to diagnose a disease.

Now that the background information is taken care of, i'm looking for a good beginners microscope to tinker with. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but I don't want cheap plastic either. Just something to mess around with so I can see if a little fire starts like I felt the first night under the stars.

Please and thank you. :bow:

#2 FAB

FAB

Stargeezer

• Loc: Blythe, CA USA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Please see the two instruments listed in my signature. There has been much derogatory comment about Chinese microscopes, but I'm very pleased with both of mine. Amscope's customer service has also been excellent. Good luck and smudgeless slides (The micro equivalent to astro's, "clear skies.") FAB :)

#3 Jon_Doh

Jon_Doh

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: On a receiver's back

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ical/dp/B004...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics