• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cloudking

cloudking

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hello CN, I am an imager and I set up my mount on the deck and control the camera and guide camera from in the house but I am at the point now where I would like to slew and fine tune the position of the scope remotely from in the hose as well. I do my initial setup, focus, and alignment from the hand controller and have to go back and forth from house to scope to frame my targets which gets old fast and wastes a lot of time. I have read about software like ascom and other planetarium softwares but don't know what I would need to accomplish making my setup work. I use nebulosity for image acquisition and phd guiding. the mount is a G11 with Gemini ll goto. I thimk I would still have to do my initial alignments from the hc but that's ok. if I could slew to targets and fine tune the framing from in the house and then image that would be great. not looking for remote focusing just goto slewing and framing of target would be great. anyone with a G11/ Gemini II doing this I would like to hear how you do it. please be as specific as possible as this type of control is very new to me. thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 Hilmi

Hilmi

Soyuz

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

This is very easy for G11 Gemini 2. The mount can be connected to an ethernet network or wifi via one of those wifi to ethernet adapters.

Next download ascom platform and install with default settings

Download Gemini II driver and install

You can use gemini 2 driver and it will give you a hand controller for simple control or you can install a planitarium program foe full control. I use the sky x and starry night. There is stelarium which is free.

#3 cloudking

cloudking

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hello Hilmi, yes I have heard of all those softwares. I forgot to mention I have starseek pro in my Ipad and was using it too control my Atlas eqg via starseek wifi module prior to getting the GII and I bought a wifi cable to connect wifi module to GII from carbon 12 systems but it would not connect and I just gave up on it. that would have been an acceptable setup iguess but the goto's from the starseek program / ipad were not very accurate anyway. is it possible to control GII remotely without the hand controller or do you need to keep it connected to main controller at all times?

#4 Hilmi

Hilmi

Soyuz

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

You don't need the hand controller. I used my mount without it for 2 months when I broke mine and didnt get around to ordering a replacement

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics