New iOptron mount rumors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 JS999R

JS999R

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

I heard iOptron is going to be launching an innovative mount at the upcoming Arizona show. I have no details other than it's going to be a top performer with a payload capacity of 60 lbs. There was also talk about upgraded encoders too. Knowing iOptron, I hope the new mount continues the tradition of high payload and low mount weight. Cost rumor was vague, somewhere between $2k and $3k. Unfortunately if it's the latter, I'll be hauling my CGEM around for a long time to come. Seems like the closest competitor would be the Losmandy G11 mount. I'm really anxious to see this new mount because a lighter mount is all that left on my wish list for a portable set up.

Since selling my AR152 last week I don't have any heavier scopes, but that doesn't mean I won't have in the future. I've learned the weight of an OTA is misleading when trying to match up a capable mount for it. Even my AT106 must be in the 20+ pound range with all the stuff added to it. I know there is a OTA weight to payload formula for imaging, I like staying well within any weight limits, overkill like when I mounted my SV70ED to my CGEM. It was a breeze for the mount to handle and it exhibited stress free slewing. I hope to repeat that ratio if I can afford the new iOptron mount.

#2 Linkage

Linkage

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Contents before gone?

#3 nodalpoint

nodalpoint

Apollo

• Loc: FEMA camp

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Contents before gone?

Yes. How does one get paid for ads? Lol!

#4 TimP

TimP

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's not this one is it ?

http://ioptron.com/i...0db-026e-4d2...

#5 budman1961

budman1961

Apollo

• Loc: Springfield, MO

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

No, it isn't. That mount has been available for some time, but due to it's price, hasnt been much of a seller. I know for a fact via iOptron support that the new mount is a Z setup, just the model/capacity is unknown until the show.

#6 Dave M

Dave M

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ohio

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Duplicate thread, Please use the other thread.
Thanks!!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics