• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 A6Q6

A6Q6

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stroudsburg,Pa,U.S.A

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi Pete, In my original post I said Rodger W Gordon among others, had written to S&T in response to a Dobbins and Sheehan article back in 1999 saying that all TLP's are from atmospheric prismatic dispersion . Rodger Gordon among others, The (among others)were, (people on the internet at that time from all over the world) that responded to the article (and not one was printed .) You said no ones response could have been plausible enough or compelling or S&T would have printed it. For the benefit of some of the younger people who may not know who Mr Gordon is, I provided some info from Chris Lord about Him showing that S&T had printed stuff from him in the past. Its not about an "Adoration procession", I used him as (one example) (among many) who's voice went unheard. I guess what I'm trying to say is, isn't there any one out in CN land that feels S&T did not want to print any apposing views on the Dobbins and Sheehan article? What S&T did in the past I'm concerned they will do with Chuck Woods article.

#27 A6Q6

A6Q6

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Pete, I think I see what you mean about an "Adoration procession" :lol: I included RWG's book because I thought Chuck Hards and others might want to see the book Mr Gordon did write. It had the word Observing in the title but it wasn't TPO. ;)

#28 Bob O.

Bob O.

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Keystone Heights, FL

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

I have followed with interest the Cloudy Nights postings on the paper I wrote with Tony Cook published in the August 2013 issue of the Journal of the British Astronomical Association - "Revisiting the 1963 Aristarchus Events" . I fully appreciate TLP are a very controversial issue and in fact a volatile and emotional topic for some. As for me, I am a TLP agnostic. I have never seen a TLP, but have been briefly fooled (and frankly embarrassed) a few times. Neither Tony or I are TLP proponents. We are, however, proponents of using the scientific method to resolve the TLP issue once and for all. While there is a great deal of information on the paper's web site, may I suggest if you read anything in addition to the paper, read the Night 2 Repeat Illumination supplement I posted in early December. This brief, three-page supplement, distills the core observational anomalies contained within these two TLP reports and suggests what interested observers can do to test terrestrial hypotheses to explain them. Tony and I both appreciate the fair and balanced coverage Dr. Chuck Wood has given to our research in both the December 2013 issue of Sky and Telescope Magazine and in two recent LPOD postings. The paper and the above mentioned supplement are both available for free download on the paper's web site www.the1963aristarchusevents.com.
Kind Regards,
Bob O'Connell
Email: admin@the1963aristarchusevents.com
Cell phone: 352-213-1963
P.O. Box 1963, Keystone Heights, FL 32656

#29 A6Q6

A6Q6

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for the Info but I'm getting: "Bad Request - Invalid Hostname" when I go to: www.the1963aristarchusevents.com.

#30 Bob O.

Bob O.

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Keystone Heights, FL

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Bruce -- sorry about the "Bad Request" link -- try the link with additional "http:" web address element here: http://www.the1963ar...chusevents.com/

If this does not work (and I can't confirm it does until I post this) just Google "Revisiting the 1963 Aristarchus Events". Thank you for your interest in these observations.

Also the direct link to the Night 2 Repeat Illumination supplement is (with http:) http://www.the1963ar...on_Observati...

Currently this supplement is in the only red box on the web site -- just scroll down -- Bob

#31 A6Q6

A6Q6

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Bob, the links work great now thanks. :waytogo:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics