• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lengro

lengro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi forum, my first post here :)

I just got a HD Pro Wedge for my CPC925, and while waiting for some clear skies, I practice polar alignment indoors.

I think I can perform the All-Star Polar Align procedure by now, but there is one bit that confuses me, Celestron writes:

Slew close to such a star. Then use IDENTIFY. The star should be the top one on the list. Press Enter and your scope will start to slew to it. Press Undo immediately to get to the top of the menu and then press Align. Choose POLAR ALIGN > ALIGN MOUNT. Your scope then completes (re-slews) to the star that you just identified and goes through the All-Star polar alignment. Follow the prompts and adjust the mount manually using the adjustment screws.

Why the "immediately"? Does time passed somehow affect the quality of the calibration so I need to be in a hurry, or is Celestron just saying that I dont need to waste my time waiting for my scope slewing to the target?

As English is not my first language, maybe I just misinterpret the instruction.

I hope someone can clarify this.

Best regards :)

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

No, it doesn't mean either thing:

1. Pick an appropriate star (one to the south near the intersection of the Local Meridian and Celestial Equator).

2. Use "named stars" under the "list" button to go to that star. Don't adjust it in the field or anything, just go to it.

3. Undo to get out of named stars.

4. Press align and scroll till you get to the Polar Align option...

None of the Celestron AllStar instructions I have here use the word "immediately."

#3 lengro

lengro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Uncle Rod, Thanks for your reply, I look forward to try it out when these clouds will give me a chance!

From Celestron's knowledgebase where I wondered about the use of "immediately":
How do I wedge align my scope using All-star polar alignment?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics