Another OpticsPlanet heads up

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Paco_Grande

Paco_Grande

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Banana Republic of California

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

The Ares 6 is just a re-branded Sky-Watcher. I bet someone found a few hiding away in the corner of a warehouse.

Well, at least we have the base to the scope! We're half way there! lol

#27 sslcm56

sslcm56

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Montgomery, Al.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ya'll have a great attitude about all this. You know that if all else fails you can call the bank and file a claim. At the very least you are not happy with your purchase. Most cards have a provision for things like that. Ether way I hope it all works out for you.

Steve

#28 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, OP said they would contact me if they had any news about the missing OTA, but haven't heard from them since I called last week. I should call them again.

#29 t.r.

t.r.

Skylab

• Loc: 1123,6536,5321

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Okay guys, its late November...follow up???

#30 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

I hope that a FedEx man will show up at my door this weekend with the 2nd box containing the OTA, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Need to call OP again, see what the status is on the box that was never shipped.

#31 Alvan Clark

Alvan Clark

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

They moved recently and that apparently screwed up a lot of their inventory. Not making excuses just trying to explain any screw ups in the last couple months. This type of thing has happened to a lot of people buying there. Guessing all the screw ups will cost them some money.

#32 Paco_Grande

Paco_Grande

Surveyor 1

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I received an email from the logistics group. That was a week ago. No news, no OTA.

Yesterday I replied and told them this was taking too long and that I was going to return the base for a full refund. Going to follow up on the phone.

Optics Planet is a joke. Here's a list of their other "stores"

http://www.opticspla...m/oursites.html

Buyer beware.

#33 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I need to contact them over the phone to get a full refund.

#34 StrangeDejavu

StrangeDejavu

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Florida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I dealt with them one time, which was the purchase of my first scope (Omni XLT 102). I put in the order, they charged my card immediately, and then... silence. For 4-5 days I checked my order only to see "preparing for shipment" or something of the sort. After a little over a week, my order had finally shipped and I was feeling a little better about it. The tripod arrived first from UPS and I ended up getting the OTA the following day from FedEx. The whole process was pretty sketchy, and I made a mental note to never shop with them again.

I did e-mail support though and they said the reason shipping takes so long is because they don't have many of their product on hand. When an order comes through, they have to put in an order with the manufacturer. From there they wait for it to arrive, then they ship it from their warehouse to us.

Hope it ends well for you both, not a fun situation to be in, that's for sure.

#35 Paco_Grande

Paco_Grande

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

The saga continues. Their customer service finally agreed that there was something wrong at their end, that the reason I never received part two of the shipment was because, "We no longer sell this model." Ok. So I returned it several weeks ago and heard nothing except for a notice that they had received the item and that it would take 10 days to refund the purchase price for the telescope they don't sell anymore.

15 days went by, no refund. So I contacted them again on Friday and have no heard a peep.

Optics Planet SUCKS like no other company I've ever done business with. I can't believe that in this day and age, it could take more than 60 days to resolve something like this. It's amazing to me that they're still in business.

#36 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

I just dropped off Box #1 (the Dob base) at the local shipping center a couple of days ago, using the FedEx return label they sent me.

#37 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Just called them and they received my returned box (Dobsonian base). Will notify me via email when they have processed my refund. Soon coming to closure on this.

#38 Paco_Grande

Paco_Grande

Surveyor 1

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

My credit care statement recently arrived...

Summary: I placed the order for the telescope on Oct 30, 2013. Every time I spoke with them or got an email response, it was always, "Gee, we're sorry. We'll get it taken care of." This went on for months.

As of today, nearly 6 months later, they finally refunded my payment. It was entirely their fault from the very beginning. What a nightmare of "service."

I will never do business with them again. YMMV

#39 tnakazon

tnakazon

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sorry you had to wait so long - I got my refund on January.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics