Starsense from High Point Scientific

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 rdandrea

rdandrea

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Colorado, USA DM59ra

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

When I was searching for a "budget" solar scope, I was torn between a Coronado PST and a Lunt 35. Of the dealers I called, High Point was willing to spend the most phone time with me and answered all my questions. When I finally chose the Lunt, I ordered it from High Point because I was grateful for the time they spent. I could have had it a week or two sooner if I had ordered directly from Lunt (Arizona->Colorado << Arizona->New Jersey->Colorado), but since Lunt was four months behind on orders at the time I figured an extra week or two wouldn't matter.

I try to be a careful shopper and I really appreciate people who spend time answering questions with no guarantee of a sale. That's what eventually got them the sale. One man's opinion, YMMV.

#27 neilson

neilson

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

The only problems I had with High Point Scientific was slow shipping but for the low prices on those items I just waited until they arrived. But I think there is no excuse for the way you were treated. UPS has been offering some stores a special extra cheap shipping offer and many stores give you that as free shipping. But its extra slow. I insist on USPS because UPS takes 7 days from California to Pleasanton, Tx. and the mail only takes 3 days plus delivers Saturdays.

Several items I bought from OPT and had problems and they were great taking care of them. I even had a problem with a manufacturers customer service dept. and complained to OPT and next thing someone from that companies upper management contacted me as well as one of their engineers. I have also had similar experiences with Astronomics. Both are great stores.
I use to buy direct from companies thinking that since they got all the profit they would treat me better until I had a problem and went through heck trying to get the manufacturer to fix it. Its always good to go through a good Telescope store so you have someone on your side if you need it.

It's good to find a good store with employees who care and are honest. If they don't treat me right the first time I wont go back. I hope everything works out for you.

Neilson

#28 Widespread

Widespread

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bowling Green, Kentucky

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

My guess: like many other businesses with significant seasonal fluctuations, they have hired a bunch of temporaries for the holiday crunch.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics