CN Badges with Avatars? Good idea?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Guzas

Daniel Guzas

Viking 1

• Loc: Bethlehem NH/ Boston MA

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

I went to NEAF 2012 and loved it. It was good to be among all interested in the hobby. Also being a part of this forum I would love to meet some of the fellow members who hang out here and have been so helpful to me in my endeavors.

That being said I think it would be an awesome idea to have some sort of template that gets a snap shot of our forum posting Avatars and our location, exactly as it shows up next to our posts. Then we can print them out and wear them to future NEAF shows. This way we can literally put a name and face to the Avatars we know so well.

I know it would help me meet many of you in person and see how many of you are lurking about in real life..

What do you all think?

#2 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

A group of us actually did that for the AIC in San Jose a few years ago. We just took screenshots of our avatars, cut them out and when we got our ID badges, just taped them to the badge. I thought it was a good idea. AND, a group of us did the same thing at ASAE except the way the badges were configured, we didn't have to cut out the avatars, they were already on the badges. So it's something that's already in the pipeline.

David

#3 Starhawk

Starhawk

Space Ranger

• Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

We had these at SWAP and ASAE in 2012 and 2014 thanks to CN members who printed them out- they seemed to work fairly well. What I suggest after I went to NEAF and later discovered a lot of people I would have wanted to meet had been there but were impossible to find would be to suggest a couple of CN "Flash mob" style gatherings- like stop by the Astronomics booth at 10:30, for example, and if people had tags, there could be a moment to put names to faces for people who otherwise only know each other online.

-Rich

#4 Pinbout

Pinbout

Cosmos

• Loc: nj

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

I forgot all about NEAF. Too much cold and snow, constant jet stream... :grin:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics