• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Dean Norris

Dean Norris

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Norme,

Excellent sketch of Jupiter. I do like the colors used in this sketch. Congratulations on seeing LRS and WSZ. I haven't seen them since last year so I'm looking forward to finding them. I'm guessing on the sketch that the GRS is too far on the limb. Is that what you were referring to in your edit?.
Anyway another great sketch. You've been posting Jupiter sketches left and right. It's good that the seeing been cooperative and great.

Happy Holidays. Dean

#27 Asbytec

Asbytec

Guy in a furry hat

• Loc: La Union, PI

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I forgot about that. I think that faint white oval in the south is on the other side of that darker spot and that darker cloud coming around the trailing limb in the north seems a bit to far placed from where images show it. Oh well.

Hey, congrats on both LRS and WSZ. This is my first time with LRS and second, I think, with WSZ.

#28 Dean Norris

Dean Norris

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Norme,

I wouldn't know about those fine details since I haven't seen such small features lately with the seeing. I thought for sure you were referring to GRS in your edit. Sorry about that. Your sketches are awesome.

Last year WSZ and LRS were pretty easy to see. It remains to be seen if I can view them again.

Dean

#29 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Norme,

Somehow this beautiful sketch almost got by me.
Fantastic. Very subtle color here. Always impressed by your work.

Frank :)

#30 Asbytec

Asbytec

Guy in a furry hat

• Loc: La Union, PI

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Boys, thank you. I hope you get some great views, too. It might finally clear tonight. :)

Dean, yea, the GRS was there at sketch start time. As you know, it wasn't there an hour later. Maybe it's all to easy to misplace smaller details. Good luck with the finer stuff.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics