• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 foste1cc

foste1cc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Armada, MI

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hello everyone. Just wanted to share my first try at HaRGB with M42. I'd love to hear some feedback or pointers if anyone has any. I know there's many area's I can improve in since I've only been doing AP for almost 1 year now.
The stats are 16x180s subs with CLS-CCD clip, and 8x900s with Ha 12nm clip with my modded T2i.

Astrobin page here

I know there's some star trails/comas in some of the corners, but I think that's because I was pushing my AVX's tracking ability with 15 min subs for my Ha. But other than some of the stars, what do you guys think?

Clear skies-

#2 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Good attempt at HaRGB. Core I know is a hard part so I wouldn't go there; color is something you could look into. Colors are getting muffled a bit, this being a very colorful nebula, probably due to how you are applying Ha. I would try just processing RGB alone just to see all the color spectrum in the image and then work on adding Ha as luminance layer with the intention to not washout color but to add detail. Regards

#3 SKYGZR

SKYGZR

Viking 1

• Loc: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's a toughie isn't it? Just keep trying..different approaches will produce a variety of results..(some not so good :-( )

Not bad for a first try though.

#4 nofxrx

nofxrx

Vendor (HyperCams & Mods)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Palm Bay,Florida

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

It is a great first attempt, but I would suggest playing with it a bit more..
It looks to me like there is very little color (green and blue) in this image... The Running Man really shows this..

Willing to bet if you have this same image a few goes it would just keep getting better..

Take look at Starizona, they have great *TUTORIALS* for CCD imaging and processing that I have found very useful.
especially ***THIS***

Couple of REALLY great AstroPhotographer's sites/tutorials
Robert Gendler (Great info here IMHO)
Russell Croman (bottom half of the page)

Also Jerry Ludriguss' site may have some ideas for you as well

Main point is that this is not a very easy task and everyone has a slightly different method.... so keep at it and trying different things to see what works for you...
Though I have to say, Robert and Russell (also Tony Hallas) are great guys to emulate.. IMHO

I, to this day, have not done this technique to my satisfaction... And I have been imaging (of and on, mostly off and definitely not as much as I would like) for nearly 10 years lol

Keep at it and good luck!
You're off to a great start already. :cool:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics