All things Denk

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ann Arbor, MI

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Decided to consolidate my Denk items into one case. I think I like it better all together. This avoids the necessity for some assembly and accidental damage before each use.

Attached Files

#2 CarlDD

CarlDD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: UK

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Very Nice
Is that a Colitron the top right ?
Best Regards
Carl

#3 Tak North

Tak North

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

BVs are addictive. They should change the company name to Crackmeier.

#4 rguasto

rguasto

Viking 1

• Loc: Long Island, NY

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Just say NO!

#5 axle01

axle01

Mariner 2

• Loc: Townsville Nth Qld Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Good idea Guy might look into doing the same

#6 faackanders2

faackanders2

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

If you plucked out the case for ease of use, why wouldn't you have made it so the filter slide and primary eyepieces would be all set up ready to use? This would also make it easier to put away.

#7 Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw

Surveyor 1

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Hi Carl,
Good eye!, yes it is.
Received it right before the new year.

#8 Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw

Surveyor 1

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

If you plucked out the case for ease of use, why wouldn't you have made it so the filter slide and primary eyepieces would be all set up ready to use? This would also make it easier to put away.

I agree except I decided when I first got the Denk not to use the filterswitch and the powerswitch at the same time. I am not a big filter person and I wanted to loss any unnecessary weight and backfocus. I may change my mind in the future, who knows.

#9 faackanders2

faackanders2

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I agree except I decided when I first got the Denk not to use the filterswitch and the powerswitch at the same time. I am not a big filter person and I wanted to loss any unnecessary weight and backfocus. I may change my mind in the future, who knows.

I have two dual power switches on mine. The second one actually pushes it out reducing back focus. That may be the case with the filter switch as well. You would get more use of both if you keep them set up all the time. I would probably recommend skyglow and ultrablock/OIII as my two most used and different filters.

P.S. I always keep my astrocrumb denkmeier 2" filter side with unfiltered, skyglow, ultrablock, OIII filters always installed in my dobsonian. And as a result I use these filters alot even on Jupiter with positive effects.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics